- Water- 2 litres plus every day
- Eat every 3 hours – if not hungry every 3 hours reduce portions
- Fat loss power foods – include every day to maximise fat loss and health. Mega oil (Omegas) 2tbs per day, LSA (1-2 tbsp),protein powder 1-2 serves.
- Ensure you are taking a Multi Vitamin every day and Vitamin C
- Exercise – cardio 30-40 mins 3-6 days per week, resistance training (weights/PT ot pump class) 2-3 x per week
- Trigger foods – avoid any foods that you overeat or that trigger you overeat. If it’s in the house you will eat it so don’t have it in house.
- Habits – write down the times of day you are more tempted to overeat or eat something unhealthy and develop an action plan on how to deal with it.
- Balance nutrients – each meal needs to be balanced with a source of carbs, fat and protein – this is what will stabilise blood sugar levels, reduce cravings and keep hunger low.
- Cut off- stop eating 2-3 hours before bed, stick to this every night.If you go to bed at 9pm your last meal should be at 7pm except for protein shake half hour before bed. This will help prevent you storing fat at this most inactive time of day.
- Treat foods – live a little, choose a few treats that you can have now and then, after all this is a “lifestyle change”.
- Healthy attitude – DON’T GO ON A DIET!! Simply make changes to clean up your eating and start your weight loss so when you start to see the results you will want to keep going.
- Clean eating – if it doesn’t walk or grow OR if God didn’t make it DON”T eat it!
- Start with making small changes such as incorporating breakfast each day if you do not eat breakfast already. Change from Full cream milk to light etc. Smaller changes each week make for a better chance of successfully continuing a healthy lifestyle.